Senior Civil Engineer - Houston
Location: Houston, TX, USA
Career Number: 2736
Date Posted: 2021-10-27
Working at DFI
DFI recently celebrated 50 years in business and remains focused on customer satisfaction, providing quality piling services and products to our clients throughout Canada, the USA and Australia. At DFI, we believe anything is possible and we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence.
Join our team and experience a rewarding and challenging work environment with a team that values winning together. We offer competitive wages and benefits, employer paid health, dental and vision benefits for all employees as well as 401K matching, industry and apprenticeship training, professional development, referral incentives, and the opportunity for growth and advancement!
The Civil Engineer is the technical expert on all civil/geotechnical and structural engineering activities that arise throughout the entire lifecycle of a project, from bid to commissioning. This position acts as a subject matter expert on foundation/piling design.
- Design of Helical Piles, Steel Driven Piles and Sheet Piles
- Serve as foundations technical matter expert in design of and point of contact for all matters related to foundation engineering
- Assess projects to determine requirements
- Prepare drawings and schematic designs based on project requirements
- Study and assess drawings, plans, specifications and other documents relating to construction projects
- Collaborate and interact with construction teams, outside project developers and consultants
- Initiate and ensure standard civil engineering discipline in drawings and plans including geotechnical, civil and structural analyses
- Work with staff and consultants creating and validating design alternatives with the help of various design software
- Interacts and provides support to the design staff to ensure designs are appropriate, compatible, and safe
- Support Estimators, Technical Services Representatives and Operations personnel in managing and executing multiple tasks and projects
- Upon completion, ensure all engineering deliverables are submitted
- Responsible for providing training and work guidance to others within the work unit, or while continuing to perform the day-to-day activities of the position
- Responsibilities and objectives are assigned with considerable autonomy for decision-making using technical, professional, or business standards and ethics. Work may be periodically reviewed.
- Bachelor' s degree in Structural or Civil Engineering required
- Master' s degree strongly preferred
- PE License strongly preferred
- Current NCEES Record strongly preferred
- 10+ years’ experience
- Experience with performing WEAP Analysis, Static Pile Load Testing and PDA Testing will be considered a big asset
- Constant visual effect (e.g concentrated reading, close monitoring of computer screens)
- Multiple demands must be attended to simultaneously
- Work requiring attention to detail is subject to frequent interruptions that require immediate attention
- Peak period required an accelerated work pace, or demanding deadlines create pressure
APPLY ONLINE RETURN TO OPPORTUNITIES