Journeyman & Apprentice Boom Truck / Track Crane Operators - Canada
Location: Canada, , Canada
Career Number: 2900
Date Posted: 2022-06-29
Working at DFI
DFI recently celebrated 50 years in business and remains focused on customer satisfaction, providing quality piling services and products to our clients throughout Canada, the USA and Australia. At DFI, we believe anything is possible and we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence.
Join our team and experience a rewarding and challenging work environment with a team that values winning together. We offer competitive wages and benefits, including RSP matching, health & dental, industry and apprenticeship training, professional development, referral incentives, and the opportunity for growth and advancement!
We are looking for an ambitious, innovative, and hardworking professional that can complement our exceptional team. Our picker/boom truck operators will utilize 35 and 45 ton truck mounted cranes to facilitate the installation of driven and helical pilings using mostly hydraulic pile installation equipment. Picker operators are required to supervise a small crew and are responsible for the safe and efficient management of jobs they are assigned to.
This position is located in Fort St John, BC with availability for flexible shift work and accommodations.
- Safely drive and operate DFI boom trucks or track cranes
- Maintain a legal Driver's logbook
- Practice proper, legal load securement
- Care for and maintain company equipment to DFI standards
- Provide piledriving service to customers in accordance with DFI procedures
- Adhere to all policy and instructions provided in DFI Operating Manuals and SWPs
- Take part in all safety meetings
- Operate company vehicles and equipment in a professional, safe and courteous manner
- Prepare safety and billing documentation in the field
- Class 1 Drivers license required
- Current Apprenticeship registration or Journeyman Boom Truck/Mobile Crane ticket
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Capability to plan and organize tasks
- Ability to meet deadlines with high performance
- Comfortable working out of town
- Safety tickets are an asset
- This is a safety-sensitive position requiring successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol testing and fitness-for-work testing
APPLY ONLINE RETURN TO OPPORTUNITIES