The leader in steel piling foundations, DFI has been providing helical piling solutions for over 10 years. Our dedicated team of helical piling professionals has 50 years of combined knowledge.
We have extensive experience with helical piling – designing, manufacturing and installing close to 100,000 screw piles to-date.
Like steel driven piles, helical piles can be used for most applications and offer significant benefits. They can be installed quickly, then cut, capped and used immediately. They are also environmentally friendly as they can be removed easily and reused, which helps to reduce remediation costs (by the way, DFI’s services include pile extraction). The process of installing helical piles is quieter and generates less vibration which has less impact on existing infrastructure.
The DFI Advantage – Our Helical Piling Capabilities
Pile Supply & Manufacturing
- We manufacture, supply and install large shaft piles including bucket piles.
- Think piles on demand. We’re the only pile installation company that owns and operates an ERW steel pipe piling mill. It was intentionally designed to rapidly respond to customers’ changing project supply needs. We continually maintain industry-leading inventory levels of standard-length pipe, as well as hot-rolled coil – ready to go.
- We install an industry leading pile length of 23 metres (75’) – no splicing required.
- Our RGZ cranes can go over existing infrastructure (ex. pipelines, gas lines, pipe-racks, ditches, berms, facilities, etc.) to access hard to reach pile locations.
- Our RGZ cranes can rotate, which allow us to drive a sequence of piles from the same position, less repositioning required.
- We can install both helical and driven with the same rig (30 minute changeover), which decreases mobilization cost.
- We have a large fleet (over 40 units) able to handle large projects.
- Our rubber tire-mounted RGZ cranes can drive to site and haul what they need (skidsteer, leads, drive heads, and piles).
- Our track-mounted RGZ cranes can go where others can’t (uneven rough terrain).
- DFI drive heads can deliver up to 300,000 ft/lbs of torque.