Heavy Equipment Technician Apprentice - Edmonton
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Career Number: 2919
Date Posted: 2022-10-20
Working at DFI
DFI recently celebrated 50 years in business and remains focused on customer satisfaction, providing quality piling services and products to our clients throughout Canada, the USA and Australia. At DFI, we believe anything is possible and we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence.
Join our team and experience a rewarding and challenging work environment with a team that values winning together. We offer competitive wages and benefits, including RSP matching, health & dental, industry and apprenticeship training, professional development, referral incentives, and the opportunity for growth and advancement!
Our Heavy Equipment Technician Apprentices are responsible for assisting Journeymen in the repair and maintenance of heavy and light fleet vehicles, light machinery, associated equipment to meet specified standards, timeframes and in the most cost effective manner according to maintenance schedules. We are looking for someone with an eagerness to build their knowledge and are willing to put in the effort to develop their skills. Pay will reflect industry standards.
- Work with journeymen to troubleshoot and diagnose problems
- Servicing of all equipment within DFI’s fleet including: skid steers, generators, picker trucks, trailers, highway tractors, etc…
- To operate equipment efficiently and safely to ensure satisfactory completion of repairs
- Assure quality of work is performed to a high standard in accordance with expected standards.
- To comply to procedures and practices with respect to Health and Safety, personnel practices and conditions of employment
- Complete workorders, order parts, and any associated paperwork
- Shop maintenance and clean up
- Registered Apprentice Heavy Equipment Technician or 1st Year Apprentice
- Previous experience with commercial equipment an asset
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate production needs
APPLY ONLINE RETURN TO OPPORTUNITIES