Project Delivery Coordinator (Temporary) - Edmonton
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Career Number: 3565
Date Posted: 2023-11-22
Working at DFI
Got ideas? We want them.
Looking for a rewarding challenge?
As a privately owned company, with innovation as a core value, DFI has the unique ability to provide you with experiences that put your ideas into action.
Over the past 50+ years, the relentless pursuit of excellence and self sufficiency has led DFI to grow from a small, one-truck operation into a multi-national company that works across the globe delivering world-class products and services across a vast array of industries.
Our own independent ERW pipe mill, our 54-acre storage yard, 200,000 square feet of shop space (featuring overhead cranes, vehicle exhaust extraction, and mechanic pits), our in-house engineers, our custom-built cranes, and internal international opportunities are all examples of what proudly sets us apart.
We recognize that none of the above could be achieved without a world class workforce, so let us invest in you.
Join our team.
Reporting to the Project Delivery Manager, the Project Delivery Coordinator is responsible for various aspects of supporting Project Management and Construction Management in the schedule and budget tracking of projects. The Sr Project Coordinator will also work with field and project teams to support and track piling progress for efficient reporting to project management. They are also responsible for monitoring and providing support for change management throughout project durations. This position is temporary and would go until April 2024.
• Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
• Ability to work remotely as agreed upon with direct manager, as needed
• Periodic travel may be required
- • Review and understanding of Project Scopes of work, as well as project contracts.
- • Build baseline schedule and maintain project overall schedule on a weekly basis.
- Delay tracking and schedule updates based on field report information.
- Coordination with Construction Management on review of construction sequencing and impacts/opportunities to changes to schedules
- Creation of delay log showing both schedule and commercial impacts to the project scope.
- Provide regular reporting is conducted to Project Delivery Manager.
- Tracking and review of project scorecards for Project Management review/approval.
- Materials schedules and tracking between shop to field operations
- Analyze risks and provide discussions on opportunities for risk management
- Support PM in Subcontractor tracking/management
- Provide support for internal collaboration between groups (set meetings, meeting minutes, Action item logs)
- Assist in Communications management between DFI and clients
- Support Project Delivery and Operations personnel in managing contracts including contract change management and conflict resolution
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Finance or Engineering
- Strong Leadership abilities
- Demonstratable knowledge of legal terms and construction contract law
- Superior organizational abilities
- 10+ years’ experience in project contract management
- Construction knowledge in foundation works will be considered an asset
- Fluent English
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Multiple demands must be attended to simultaneously
- Work requiring attention to detail is subject to frequent interruptions that require immediate attention
- Peak period required an accelerated work pace, or demanding deadlines create pressure
APPLY ONLINE RETURN TO OPPORTUNITIES