Boom Truck / Crane Operator - Rycroft
Location: Rycroft, AB, Canada
Career Number: 3579
Date Posted: 2024-01-08
Working at DFI
Got ideas? We want them.
Looking for a rewarding challenge?
As a privately owned company, with innovation as a core value, DFI has the unique ability to provide you with experiences that put your ideas into action.
Over the past 50+ years, the relentless pursuit of excellence and self sufficiency has led DFI to grow from a small, one-truck operation into a multi-national company that works across the globe delivering world-class products and services across a vast array of industries.
Our own independent ERW pipe mill, our 54-acre storage yard, 200,000 square feet of shop space (featuring overhead cranes, vehicle exhaust extraction, and mechanic pits), our in-house engineers, our custom-built cranes, and internal international opportunities are all examples of what proudly sets us apart.
We recognize that none of the above could be achieved without a world class workforce, so let us invest in you.
Join our team.
We are looking for an ambitious, innovative, and hardworking professional that can complement our exceptional team. Our picker/boom truck operators will utilize 35- and 45-ton truck mounted cranes to facilitate the installation of driven and helical pilings using mostly hydraulic pile installation equipment. Picker operators are required to supervise a small crew and are responsible for the safe and efficient management of jobs they are assigned to.
• Comprehensive Health and Dental plan
• RRSP Matching
• Employee Referral Program
• Professional Development Allowance
• Employee preferred fuel pricing program
• Career advancement opportunities
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee discounts at participating vendors
- Safely drive and operate DFI boom trucks or track cranes
- Maintain a legal Driver's logbook
- Practice proper, legal load securement
- Care for and maintain company equipment to DFI standards
- Provide piledriving service to customers in accordance with DFI procedures
- Adhere to all policy and instructions provided in DFI Operating Manuals and SWPs
- Take part in all safety meetings
- Operate company vehicles and equipment in a professional, safe and courteous manner
- Prepare safety and billing documentation in the field
- Class 1 Drivers license required
- Current Apprenticeship registration or Journeyman Boom Truck/Mobile Crane ticket
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Capability to plan and organize tasks
- Ability to meet deadlines with high performance
- Comfortable working out of town
- Safety tickets are an asset
- This is a safety-sensitive position requiring successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol testing and fitness-for-work testing
APPLY ONLINE RETURN TO OPPORTUNITIES