Class 1 Driver - Edmonton
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Career Number: 3597
Date Posted: 2024-02-07
Working at DFI
Got ideas? We want them.
Looking for a rewarding challenge?
As a privately owned company, with innovation as a core value, DFI has the unique ability to provide you with experiences that put your ideas into action.
Over the past 50+ years, the relentless pursuit of excellence and self sufficiency has led DFI to grow from a small, one-truck operation into a multi-national company that works across the globe delivering world-class products and services across a vast array of industries.
Our own independent ERW pipe mill, our 54-acre storage yard, 200,000 square feet of shop space (featuring overhead cranes, vehicle exhaust extraction, and mechanic pits), our in-house engineers, our custom-built cranes, and internal international opportunities are all examples of what proudly sets us apart.
We recognize that none of the above could be achieved without a world class workforce, so let us invest in you.
Join our team
Highways. Mountains. Gravel. Back roads. Hills. You will drive in extreme weather conditions on all types of roads throughout Western Canada. As an experienced driver you will be accustomed to long hours on the road hauling various materials such as pipe, heavy equipment and over dimensional loads. If you are looking for challenging work that will lead into a successful career, then we are looking for you.
• Comprehensive Health and Dental plan
• RRSP Matching
• Employee Referral Program
• Professional Development Allowance
• Employee preferred fuel pricing program
• Career advancement opportunities
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee discounts at participating vendors
- Load, haul and deliver materials and equipment to DFI customers
- Practice proper and legal load securement
- Complete pre and post trip inspections while correcting any defects immediately
- Perform vehicle inspections and preventative maintenance
- Maintain a legal driver’s logbook
- Chaining up
- Clean class 1 driver’s license
- First Aid, H2S, CSTS, Fall Protection and other safety tickets are an asset
- Minimum of three years’ experience hauling pipe and/or heavy equipment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
APPLY ONLINE RETURN TO OPPORTUNITIES